This blog is by and for the members of HouseSitMexico: An online community of homeowners and house sitters, united by a special interest in living in or visiting Mexico. All members are welcome to submit articles for this blog, accompanied by photos. Send entries to Admin@HouseSitMexico.com. Comments to blog articles may be posted by members directly.
Tips and Guidelines
What’s a suitable subject?
Here are some ideas:
- SHARE YOUR STORY: Are you house sitting as a way to explore Mexico for retirement? Are you traveling the world as a "Remote Worker"? Tell us what brought YOU to HouseSitMexico.
- GIVE ADVICE that can help other members and speak from your experience as either a homeowner or house sitter
- ENTERTAIN US with a “slice of life story” about being a homeowner in Mexico -- or being a house and pet sitter in Mexico
- Share your “TRIP REPORTS” about any destination in Mexico, holidays as celebrated in Mexico, or other interesting experiences in Mexico
How long should your blog entry be?
The quick answer is: make it as long or as short as you wish. Many successful blogs have entries as short as 300 words. On the other hand, entries of over 1000 words (more than two pages single spaced in 12 pt. font) present a greater challenge to keep readers engaged.
Some do’s and don’ts:
- DON’T post direct contact information or links through which your, or anyone else’s, confidential or direct contact information can be accessed.
- DON’T provide links to your own website, blog or YouTube video.
- DO write in an informative, constructive and friendly manner. All of HouseSitMexico is a bully-free zone.
- DO provide images… as long as you have the right to share them online.
- DO NOT post images or files linked to external servers.
- DO respect HouseSitMexico’s Terms and Conditions.
Comments may not be:
- Off topic
- Promote hate of any kind
- Offensive or use foul language
- Blatantly spam